About The Firm
Synthesis IP was established in 2011 by Jonathan Goodman, Ph.D. to yield an intellectual property services firm focused on the development and protection of chemical innovations. The firm offers services in the areas of intellectual property management, strategy, and protection.
Services to help you define, protect and capitalize on your hard work include:
- IP Strategy Development
- IP Audit and Landscape Analysis
- Preparation and Prosecution of Patent Applications in the US and Foreign Jurisdictions
- Due Diligence for Mergers, Acquisitions, and Partnering
- Litigation Support
- Drafting and Negotiating License and Joint Development Agreements
- Trademark Prosecution and Counseling
- Representation in Patent Interferences, Reexamination Proceedings, and International Oppositions
About Jonathan Goodman
Jonathan is a Ph.D. chemist and U.S. patent attorney. During his professional career he developed an expertise in chemical synthesis and loves the process of making things by hand. He now uses this expertise and passion to help IP owners recognize and develop IP-based business assets.
Jonathan has drafted and prosecuted U.S. and international patents in a broad range of technologies, including mercury absorbent materials, sunscreens, nanocrystal catalysts, photovoltaics, metallurgical processes, catalytic processes, drug pumps and chemical reactors. Clients value his ability to effectively communicate complex technologies for diverse audiences, including corporate boards, marketing professionals and patent examiners.
Jonathan is active in the American Chemical Society, the Illinois State Bar and Chicago Bar Associations, and his local chamber of commerce.